Apprentice Chef - Intermediate (Level 2)
The Black Swan
UNIVERSITY OF DERBY
To work in the kitchen of a busy restaurant with two very qualified chefs.
Learning the basics to a la carte preparing homemade food for excellent dining. Also Gastro meals on request from Pizzas to skewers using the finest ingredients.
- Pre-service prep
- Preparing meals during service
- Assisting the chefs with more complex meals
- Clean down
- Maintaining high levels of hygiene at all times
There is potential for permanent employment following the successful completion of your apprenticeship.
As with any job in hospitality & catering you will be working unsociable hours. Due to the location of the restaurant being able to drive would be advantageous however we are located on a main road with a bus stop right outside.
Your working hours each week may differ. We don’t supply your uniform or chefs knives. (chefs equipment, such as chefs knives, can be purchased through the college)
- You must have a passion for cooking and a good work ethic
- You must be punctual, willing to learn from the head chef and sous chef
- Be confident in bringing your ideas to the table
- A team player
- The ability to listen to your peers
- Organised and reliable
- You should have a good standard of maths & English, ideally GCSE C/4 or above (or an equivalent qualification)
- If you have not already achieved these you may be able to study towards them alongside your apprenticeship, dependant on your personal circumstances
Training to follow the Level 2 Commis chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Intermediate Apprenticeship level 2 Commis Chef
- Functional skills may also be studied alongside this course, if required, dependant on personal circumstances
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.