PERCY R.BREND & SONS(HOTELIERS)LIMITED
HIT TRAINING LTD
On the edge of the lively city of Exeter, the Devon Hotel is popular with visitors and locals alike. The heart of the luxury hotel is an elegant Georgian building, originally a manor house and retaining its historic charm. Here you will find their renowned Carriages restaurant, their welcoming Lounge Bar and four sensational function rooms. The Devon Hotel is part of the award winning Brend Hotel Group.
Brend Hotels, in partnership with ourselves, offer apprenticeships in all areas and disciplines of the hospitality industry. With this opportunity the successful candidate will work towards a kitchen/professional cookery discipline combining practical skills with written evidence and portfolio. The successful candidate will be assigned a trainer assessor, who will monitor progress throughout the apprenticeship. So along with learning the trade the successful applicant will gain a Level 2 commis chef qualification.
The main responsibilities of the job role are to:
- Learn all aspects of cooking starters, main courses and desserts in a busy hotel environment
- Learn about food safety and will be able to visit suppliers to learn where the produce comes from
- Learn methods and procedures that are vital to kitchen knowledge
- Work with your head chef to develop and improve your skills within the industry
- This role has a lot of development prospects including moving onto a Level 3 qualification
- With eleven hotels in the same group there is potential to progress by either staying at the same hotel or moving to another
- This role will be based in a busy kitchen environment which will require long periods of standing
- Shifts will be split and straight, working hours are 40 per week over 5 days including weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Times vary as per rota
- Time management
- Flexible approach to work
- A desire to learn about cooking and becoming a professional chef
- Willing to go that extra mile
- Good communication skills
- None required, however maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.