THE DELTIC GROUP LIMITED
HIT TRAINING LTD
The Gardens of eden, is a revellers vision of botanical bliss. From daytime delights to dancing until dawn, all under one roof. Bottomless brunches, long lazy lunches, happy hour cocktails, late night suppers and the ultimate party venue.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a budding chef to join the busy kitchen team at Eden Portsmouth as an apprentice! Learn the trade and work towards gaining a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Duties to include:
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of cooking, such as knife skills. This will involve understanding the basic cuts (e.g. chopping, dicing, julienne and chiffonade) as well as learning how to handle ingredients correctly
- Work in different sections of the kitchen, helping the chef de partie and senior chefs
- Maintain safe and sanitary work area
- Replenish stock
- Be responsible for food preparation and basic cooking and also learn about portion sizes
- Listen to instructions and work as part of a team
Development through the chef positions within the eden collective brand.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Technical skills (cooking techniques, including knowing how to cook, store and serve food)
- An understanding of food hygiene and health and safety
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Attention to detail to ensure consistent, high standards
- Organisational skills
- The ability to work without supervision
- Strives for high personal standards in both practical and theory components of their learning
- Commitment and loyalty
- A willingness to learn and take on board instructions and learning to prioritise
- A hard-working and calm approach
None required, however, maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
- Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
- Maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.