The White Swan Inn
HIT TRAINING LTD
The White Swan are a modern family run country pub & inn, on a mission to blend the modern with the traditional.
An exciting position has become available for an enthusiastic individual who is looking to develop their skills and knowledge in catering and hospitality. Working in this busy kitchen you will be responsible for preparing, cooking and plating up dishes from the menu. You will be trained and supported with all areas of the role including food safety, stock control and rotation and hygienic practices. Alongside this, the successful applicant will work towards gaining a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Duties will include:
- Ingredient preparation
- Cooking meals through various different cooking methods
- Plating up and presentation of food
- Taking instruction from senior chefs
- Cleaning and clearing down work stations
- Working in a safe manner at all times
- Portion control
There is a possibility for a full time position once the apprenticeship has been successfully completed.
This vacancy is around 2 miles from Richmond centre, so reliable transport to and from work would be essential. The wage advertised is negotiable depending on experience.
Over 4 days - Monday 10am - Sunday 11pm
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Basic Knowledge of food preparation & food hygiene
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must have good time keeping skills
- Have a high standard of personal hygiene
- Passion for food and cooking
- Ability to work in a team
None required, however, maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
- Level 2 - Commis chef standard
- In house training to also be provided
- Maths and English if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.