Carlyon Bay Hotel
HIT TRAINING LTD
Brend Hotels offer apprenticeships in all areas and disciplines of the hospitality industry. With this opportunity the successful candidate will work towards a KitchenProfessional Cookery discipline combining practical skills with written evidence and portfolio.
The successful candidate will be assigned a Trainer Assessor, who will monitor progress throughout the apprenticeship.
The main responsibilities of the job role are to:
- Learn all aspects of cooking starters, main courses and desserts in a busy hotel environment
- Learn about food safety and will be able to
- visit suppliers to learn where the produce comes from.
- Learn methods and procedures that are vital to kitchen knowledge
- Work with your head chef to develop and improve your skills within the industry
This role has a lot of development prospects including moving onto a Level 3 qualification. With eleven hotels in the same group there is potential to progress by either staying at the same hotel or moving to another.
- Time management
- Flexible approach to work
- A desire to learn about cooking and becoming a professional chef
- Willing to go that extra mile
- Good communication skills
None needed - however maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Must be eligible for the apprenticeship scheme.
- Level 2 Commis Chef Standard
- Functional Skills (English and maths) if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.