HIT TRAINING LTD
The Hostelrie at Goodrich is a Country Inn with rooms, a restaurant and a bar. The 19th century gothic style building is situated in the pretty village of Goodrich, making it the perfect base for visitors wishing to explore the Forest of Dean, the Wye Valley and the Golden Valley as well as the nearby historic market towns of Ledbury, Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye.
Set in the heart of the Herefordshire countryside, the Hostelrie at Goodrich exudes warmth and rural charm. With crackling fires in the winter or the garden in the summer, traditional food and local ales on tap, it is a popular spot for locals to catch up over a pint, or a delicious home cooked meal.
The Hostelrie at Goodrich have an exciting opportunity for a keen chef to start their career with them. Join the busy kitchen team, learn the trade alongside working to gain a Level 2 Commis Chef qualification.
Duties to include:
- You will be trained in and learn skills to become an accomplished team member who will be able to work on all sections of a busy kitchen, learning knife skills and how to prepare and cook every aspect of the menu
- You will be responsible for Food Safety and Health and Safety within the kitchen environment
- To show understanding of food cost and produce
- Learn how to cook a variety of dishes to include meat, poultry, fish and vegetables
- You will work alongside Head Chef Graham who will instruct and train you while you work
- You will also be assessed in the workplace completing all your training and learning within work
You will be working towards a full-time position, should one be available at the end of your Apprenticeship.
You will be required to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to take instructions
- Passion for food
- Willing to learn
None required, however, maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Training to be provided:
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English, if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.