The Olive Tree
HIT TRAINING LTD
An award winning restaurant set in the heart of the vibrant Cotswold town of Nailsworth, The Olive Tree provides a happy, welcoming atmosphere buzzing with life.
From early morning, locals and visitors alike enjoy the Olive Tree experience. It's a great place to meet friends, do lunch or eat out in the evening.
The Olive Tree have a fantastic opportunity for a keen apprentice to join their busy kitchen team, learn the trade and work towards gaining a Level 2 Commis Chef qualification.
Duties will include:
- Ingredient preparation
- Cooking meals through various different cooking methods
- Plating up and presentation of food
- Taking instruction from senior chefs
- Cleaning and clearing down workstations
- Working in a safe manner at all times
- Portion control
All aspects of our business from busy breakfast shifts, through lunch time trade whilst completing an extensive preparation list including all our homemade cakes, sauces, pickles, chutneys and jams.
We serve dinner from 5pm and the kitchen team will then clean the kitchen down after service and phone through orders to suppliers.
You will be working towards a full-time position should one be available at the end of your Apprenticeship.
You will be required to work evenings and weekends.
- Good communication skills
- Able to take instructions
- Able to work as part of a team
- A passion for food
None required, however, maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Training to be provided:
- Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English, if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.