Anchor are offering a fantastic opportunity to join their team as an Apprentice Catering Assistant. If you have a caring nature, a natural interest in people and want to make a difference then this might be just the job for you!
As an apprentice you will learn to:
- Contribute to happy living by delivering a quality catering service in line with health, safety and hygiene requirements
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of food and drinks within the location
- Serve meals to customers as required
- Keep the kitchen equipment, crockery and utensils clean and hygienic
- Report any concerns to your line manager
- You will gain a nationally recognised Level 2 Production Chef
- You will receive onsite training with an award-winning training provider who will support and guide you throughout your Apprenticeship journey
- Gain essential life skills
- Gain confidence
Please be aware that the wage shown below reflects the hourly wage for the first 6 months and will increase to £5.10 after 6 months and 50% completion of your apprenticeship. Following completion of your apprenticeship, your hourly wage will increase to £8.91. As part of your Apprenticeship, Anchor will support you in getting to work by offering a travel allowance of up to £500 per year. This will be claimed back each week/month using an expenses claim which would be completed by you and the Home Manager.
This vacancy is for a permanent position within Anchor Hanover during which an apprenticeship programme will be delivered. We have big growth plans to ensure we can support the growing demand for care and aim to 'grow our own' talent. Successful completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a permanent position and the opportunity to progress within the company.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Previous catering experience is desirable but not essential
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A genuine interest in food
- Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship.
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12-months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of e-learning, 1-1 training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.