Apprentice Casting Controller/Tool Assembly
W Hallam Castings Ltd
THE UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
The successful candidate will study towards an Advanced Engineering Technician Apprenticeship in Technical Support. The candidate will be trained in all disciplines of manual machining, including milling, turning and general hand fitting skills, and will progress to operating high pressure die casting machines and develop an understanding of the principles of die casting tooling design.
Tasks you will carry out:
- Machining components to engineering specifications.
- High pressure die casting tool design and building
- Tool assembly and management of stocks of tooling consumables.
- Working to the high quality standards required for tooling components.
- Ensure you adhere to Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Work alongside skilled machinists including die casting machine operatives to provide you with the knowledge needed to become fully trained.
- You will also be expected to working to given time scales and respond quickly to changing demands throughout your working day.
- Delivering increased productivity through maximisation of cycle times
- Working with people at all levels of the organisation
- For more information on the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices please visit https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Demonstrate good team working abilities
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be a highly motivated individual
- Have good organisation and time keeping skills
- Willing to learn new skills and adapt to change
- Have a passion for engineering
- The chosen candidate must have 5 GCSE's or equivalent at Grade C or above, which must include maths and English
The successful candidate will study towards an Advanced Engineering Technician Apprenticeship in Technical Support.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.