Applicants must live in Barnet with the following post codes- EN5, EN4, NMW as the Apprentice will be working in these areas.
- To complete relevant mandatory and optional units set within the NVQ qualification level 2 or 3 depending on level of entry.
- Carry out relevant site-based tasks as directed by a Contracts Manager or Mentor to ensure the gathering of evidence and understanding of your NVQ qualification, using both knowledge received through college work and understanding. Capturing the knowledge and experience of a qualified carpenter to understand the trade. These tasks will include but not limited to, Roofing & Joisting, First and Second Fix Carpentry Works, Kitchens, Finals, Cladding, Windows, Timber Frame, Loading out and Protection.
- To continually train and develop yourself in line with the NVQ criteria.
- To attend mentoring sessions where applicable.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times and any hazards reported immediately. Understanding and following the company’s Health and Safety Management System at all times.
- Carry out relevant site based tasks as directed by a Contracts Manager/Foreman, these tasks will include but not limited to carpentry duties, labouring and administration.
- As a Carpentry Apprentice, you will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment objects. Your job will require you to work in different weather conditions, you must be prepared for both Hot and Cold temperatures.
Progression onto the next level.
The main address specified in this vacancy is the address for the head office. The employment element of the Apprenticeship will take place at the following: Barnet - EN5, EN4, NMW
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy Honesty and Integrity
- Solving problems and thinking skilfully
- Hold a valid driving licence
- CSCS Card / Health and Safety Training
- A keen interest in Carpentry and Joinery
- Ability to work in a team
GCSE English, maths and Science at grades C or above / 4 or above or Functional Skills (Level 2)
A keen interest in Carpentry and Joinery
Intermediate Apprenticeship-Wood Occupations Site Carpentry Apprenticeship Level 2
- Wood Occupations (Site Carpentry) CSkills Level 2 Diploma
- Wood Occupations (Site Carpentry) CSkills Level 2 NVQ Diploma
- Employment, Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills in English and Maths