What will the apprentice be doing?
- To support the Carpenters in Bench work, Setting out and Machining
- To support the Carpenters in site fixing
- To undertake maintenance of tools and equipment with instruction
- To assist other trades as required
- To undertake other generic tasks to assist in the efficient operation of the Cathedral properties and grounds as required
- Train to follow technical drawings and plans
- To comply with all Cathedral policies including Health and Safety
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- On successful completion of the apprenticeship it will lead to the Carpentry and Joinery (level 2) qualification.
- The successful candidate will attend Eastleigh college on day release one day per week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be the opportunity of full-time employment
Reality CheckNeed to be able to work at heights
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Logical, Team working, Creative, Willingness to learn
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent both English and Maths (Grade Minimum of grade C/4) Essential