Working on a variety of sites, you will get the opportunity to put your new skills into practice under the expert guidance of our experienced tradespeople. A mentor will support you along the way and help you to develop the skills and behaviours needed to progress in your career.
You will carry out a range of tasks including;
- Measuring and preparing materials
- 1st and 2nd fix of building components and repair and maintenance activities, on both external and internal projects
Potential career progression will be considered.
Entry to our apprenticeship scheme will involve an interview and an assessment.
- Good communication skills
- Good coordination
- Able to carry out physically strenuous work
- You should have a genuine passion for carpentry and practical work
- You need to have a positive attitude and a commitment to building your career
You will also need GCSE (or equivalent) grade 4/C or above in maths and English.
Carpentry and Joinery Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
All training to be provided by City College Plymouth in collaboration with the company themselves throughout the duration of the apprenticeship. Your Level 2 Carpentry Apprenticeship may consist of the following components:
- Site Carpenter Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills maths and English
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
All components will be agreed upon before the start of the apprenticeship.