What will the apprentice be doing?
Under guidance, carrying our work and tasks set by the Facilities Manager and/or other Premises Department colleagues such as:
- Carrying out minor repairs and maintenance to school buildings
- Assisting in ensuring the safety and security of school grounds and buildings
- Carrying out Health and Safety checks
- Carrying out painting and decorating and general upkeep
- On and off the job training will be provided in practical skills including:
- Buildings and grounds maintenance
- Safe use of ladders and platforms
- Manual handling techniques
- Fire safety measures
- Security issues (including alarms and CCTV)
- Safe use of power tools
- Boiler maintenance
- Locksmith techniques
- We are offering the opportunity to:
- Develop personally and professionally, gaining an industry-recognised qualification
- Work within a skilled and supportive Premises Department
- Make a difference to young people, working with teaching and support staff who are committed to the education and care of young people
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be working towards a level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship
You will receive on and off the job training and support from the Learning Provider
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential to apply for temporary or permanent positions within the Premises Department on completion of the apprenticeship.
Reality CheckAll staff are required to be positive role models to students and to behave in a mature, respectful, safe, fair and considered manner at all times. Huntington School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Organisation skills, Team working, Initiative, Flexibility, Willingness to learn, Calm and composed manner
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 3/D) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential