This would be an ideal opportunity for people with a good understanding of what it takes to provide high-quality care to vulnerable people and are looking to build a long-term career in Care.
About the Company.
C&C is a forward-thinking and innovative charitable provider of Housing, Care, and bespoke services exclusively for older people in London.
C&C specialises in providing quality services to general needs tenants, owning and managing properties across London. We have 90 years’ experience of retirement home design and living in London. We are very proud of the ‘family’ feel of our homes and our innovative strategies for supporting residents.
As Apprentice Care Assistant with C&C, some of your duties will include:
- To support residents with their physical care and personal hygiene needs, ensuring that their independence is preserved and developed as far as possible, in accordance with affording appropriate levels of privacy and dignity
- To contribute to effective communication with residents, their relatives, friends, professional helpers and other members of staff, ensuring the continuity of quality and safety in the provision of personal care services
- To encourage residents to maintain maximum independence, taking into account their physical and emotional condition and to stimulate their participation in the running of the service
- To carry out the role of key worker for several residents
- To handover and report any incidents which may have relevance to the residents’ individual plans
- To become familiar with any changes in the residents’ condition or situation within the Care Home at the beginning of each shift
- To escort and assist residents, as required, in and around the Care Home
- To escort residents to obtain services including recreational, educational and leisure facilities in the community where appropriate
- To assist with the provision of food and general housekeeping in accordance with the requirements of the service
- To help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities and to assist in the use of care aids and personal equipment
- To comply with all health and safety policies and procedures
- To participate in supervision, appraisals, staff meetings and training activities as required
- To travel to Central Office or other locations for the purpose of meetings or learning and development activities
- To be responsible for maintaining and improving own knowledge and skills through experience and training
- To undertake additional responsibilities as requested by management following the successful completion of specific training and personal skills development
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested
Work towards Care Worker level 2, work shadowing so that Care Assistants can work towards becoming Team leaders.
To apply for this vacancy, you must be 21 years or older and male. This is because the Apprentices who are hired will be working with Adult Male Dementia patients. The vacancy will be based in the care home and will require manual work.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted initially by email then by phone for a telephone pre-interview.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills verbal and written
- Good basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Good time management skills
- Able to maintain accurate records
- Mature attitude
- Caring attitude/nature, gentle
- Naturally empathetic and patient
- Emotionally intelligent
- Physically strong
- Must be 21 or older and male (you will be caring for adult male residents with Dementia)
- GCSE maths and English grades 4/C or above or the equivalent (Functional Skills)
- Must have a clear understanding of Care and the commitment involved
- Adult Care Worker, Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Care Certificate training, 20 Mandatory training modules on Skills gate
- Functional Skills
- Personal learning and thinking skills
- Employment rights and responsibilities