Flexible Working, Competitive pay, 24/7 On-Call Support, Free Training, Paid Holiday, Guaranteed Weekly Hours, Career Progression
Care Assistant / Support Worker
We are looking for dynamic and caring individuals who are big on promoting independence and ensuring that every task is driven by the customers own choice and completed with them, not for them.
Part-Time & Full-Time positions are available. This position includes working alternate weekends, with a day off in the week. You must also be a qualified driver and have the use of a vehicle.
You could be helping people who have mental health problems, learning difficulties, physical disabilities, or people who would just like a bit of help in general. We support people from the ages of 18 years old right through to retirement and beyond.
What do our Support Workers do?
A Care & Support Workers day is varied, and flexibility is required.
- You will be providing care and support which is tailored to the needs and wishes of the customer. Through getting to know the people you support you will identify and work with them to achieve their goals and help enable them to have choice and control over their lives
- You will also be expected to carry out everyday tasks which can include general support, helping with meal preparation, cleaning, light gardening, companionship, shopping, personal care and promote their independence, as well as taking part in a range of interests and activities that make up a healthy, well balanced and fulfilling lifestyle
At EarlyBird Lifestyle Support, we want to help those we support to remain free of the need for care for as long as possible. Your role as a support worker will be someone who goes above and beyond what would be expected from a generic home help service and someone who always behaves professionally with integrity and with honesty.
- Competitive rates of pay starting from £8.91-£9.50 per hour
- Mileage 25p per mile (Plus assisting with HMRC mileage claim forms at the end of the financial year)
- Paid Induction training
- Free Uniform & Free PPE
- Flexible hours to allow you to gain a work-life balance
- Paid supervisions and staff meetings
- High-quality training
- Access to fully-funded NVQs and career pathways
- Career progression
- Pension scheme available
- Entitled to the COVID vaccination
- To be an honest, empathetic, hardworking and trustworthy individual
- No experience required as full, extensive, free training is provided
- A full driving licence, access to a vehicle and business insurance is required due to nature of the role
- You will be trustworthy and honest.
- You will have a caring approach
Full training will be provided
- outgoing and the ability to manage potentially stressful scenarios
GCSE or equivalent in maths & English grade C/4
- Level 2 Adult care worker
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required