What will the apprentice be doing?
Qube Learning are working with Avery Healthcare to help find an Apprentice Healthcare Assistant. The successful candidate will complete an Adult Care Worker Level 2 qualification (dependant on experience), lasting 15 months.
During your apprenticeship you will have a dedicated Skills Tutor, who will make regular appointments virtually or face to face, to support you throughout your qualification.
Your apprenticeship will be completed 100% at the workplace.
Under 25 rate - £6.56 - £8.91
Over 25 rate - £8.91 - £10.40
• Deliver high quality care, ensuring residents receive care based on best practice.
• Assist residents in all their personal hygiene care ensuring optimum independence, dignity and respect of individuals at all times.
• Serve meals and beverages when required, encouraging and assisting those residents who require additional attention/support at meal service.
• Carry out care activity in accordance with the care plan for residents.
• Ability to recognise and understand clinical risk areas in residents e.g. weight loss, pressure sores, risk of falls, sign of infections and escalate any identified risks in a timely manner
• Ensure bedroom and en-suite areas are kept clean and tidy, pleasant and comfortable by making beds, regularly changing bed linen, maintaining en-suite cleanliness.
• Responsible for the regular cleaning of equipment involved in personal care of residents, including bedside tables, commodes and wheelchairs.
• Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors and colleagues.
• Understand personal responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety at Work legislation, particularly in relation to moving and assisting of residents, fire safety and evacuation procedures.
• Understand personal responsibilities with regard to confidentiality and GDPR
• Understand your personal responsibilities for infection prevention and control
• Act courteously towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident.
• Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly.
• Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks e.g.- hoists, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults or the need for maintenance or replacement.
• Responsible for the safe and tidy storage of supplies and equipment.
• To attend and contribute in Staff meetings
• Attend appropriate internal and external training courses, supervisions and appraisals to maintain own personal development.
• To adhere to home policies and procedures.
This is not intended as an exhaustive description of duties and responsibilities and may be amended following consultation with the jobholder.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Senior healthcare support worker qualification including Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?Career progression available.
Reality CheckPlease note that as part of the application and employment process you shall be asked to confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status, including if required, your agreement to be vaccinated if not yet administered, your agreement to ongoing vaccinations throughout the duration of your employment as well as confirming your agreement to regular COVID-19 testing. This information is required to ensure the safety and well-being of all our residents and staff, and shall be held in the strictest of confidence.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Customer care skills, Non judgemental
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired