What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice you will learn to;
- Promote choice to clients in their daily living by providing care, which meets care quality commissions (CQC) fundamental standards and support happy living for the years ahead.
- Comply with Anchors policies and procedures at all times.
- Escalate concerns/issues as appropriate.
- Record accurate and legible documentation.
- Deliver a care plan.
- Identify and report signs of poor practice or abuse.
- Identify and ensure health and safety standards are me
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training to support you throughout your apprenticeship, will take place within the care location the training will be a blended approach of elearning and face to face training, whilst you also gain practical experience.
As an apprentice care assistant, you will also complete the Care Certificate as part of your apprenticeship, along with level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard.
You will receive support from the manager and colleagues along with support from the training provider.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At Anchor we have a variety of amazing career pathways available for you to further progress your career.
Completing your level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship, you will be able to progress to a Care Assistant (qualified), opportunities to then progress to senior care, deputy manager, home manager, with higher apprenticeship opportuntites.
Reality CheckPlease note all applicants must already hold the legal right to work in the UK and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) to be able to fulfil this role Working week e.g. first 6-8 weeks Monday to Friday morning only example 8am till 2pm then mixture of shifts, e.g. 8am till 2pm or 2pm till 8pm and will include weekends.
Skills RequiredOrganisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4) Desired