What will the apprentice be doing?
· To provide assistance and/or guidance where needed with personal care e.g. taking medicines, shaving, personal intimate care.
· To carry out tasks such as shopping, cleaning, ironing, cooking, collecting benefits, prescription medication, and escorting to attend appointments.
· To monitor the physical and emotional health of our customers, taking action or escalating as required.
· To provide social interaction with customers to maintain good customer service and support their emotional wellbeing.
· To encourage customers to influence the development of their service to ensure that it reflects their ideas, views, opinions and wishes.
· To maintain accurate and timely records around care planning.
· To complete the Adult Social Care Level 2 qualification as part of a fully funded apprenticeship programme. To participate in the required learning and assessment process and to meet all deadlines associated with the qualification programme. You will be given time off and support to do this.
· To work shift patterns (early, late, nights, Monday to Sunday) in accordance with a 4-weekly advance rota.
· To work alone on occasions, both within the service and in the community, working to the organisation’s policy and procedures when working alone and reporting any changes that may affect the personal safety of yourself and others.
· To maintain and respect the confidentiality of our customers and their personal information.
· To treat customers and colleagues with dignity and respect.
· To follow all local and organisational policies and procedures, including those relating to the safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
The above is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be allocated as directed by the line manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Qualifications: Level 2 Diploma in Care, Functional skills (if required).
The training will be carried out on site, 20% off the job hours will be allocated by your line manager.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will work towards your level 2 in adult care allowing you the skills and knowledge to work in a care setting. Once qualified you will have the chance to work towards a level 3 in adult care and work towards becoming a senior care assistant or support worker.
Reality CheckThe candidate must have the ability to demonstrate patience, compassion and a caring attitude.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Initiative, Patience, Compassionate
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade 9-5/A*-D) Desired