Anchor are the largest not for profit provider of Care for the over 55's in the UK. We are offering a fantastic opportunity to join our team as an Apprentice Care Assistant.
If you have a caring nature, a natural interest in people and want to make a difference then this could be just the perfect opportunity for you
As an apprentice you will learn to:
- Enable customers to lead as active and independent lives as possible by providing holistic and personal care
- Promote choice to customers in their daily living by providing care, which meets care quality commissions (CQC) fundamental standards and support happy living for the years ahead
- Comply with CQC fundamental standards and Anchors policies and procedures at all times
- Prioritise tasks as appropriate
- Escalate concerns/issues as appropriate
- Record accurate and legible documentation
- Deliver a care plan
- Identify and report signs of poor practice or abuse
- Identify and ensure health and safety standards are met
Within the first 12 weeks of your induction period you will:
- Gain the ability to read, understand and contribute to care plans
- Learn about health and safety in the workplace
- Complete all statutory and mandatory training
- Care Certificate 15 standards
- We have big growth plans to ensure we can support the growing demand for care and aim to 'grow our own' talent
- Successful completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a permanent position and the opportunity to progress within the company
- Please be aware that the wage shown below reflects the hourly wage for the first 6 months and will increase to £5.10 after 6 months and 50% completion of your apprenticeship. Following completion of your apprenticeship, your hourly wage will increase to £8.72. As part of your Apprenticeship, Anchor will support you in getting to work by offering a travel allowance of up to £500 per year. This will be claimed back each week/month using an expenses claim which would be completed by you and the Home Manager
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- No experience required but you must have the desire to learn new skills, the ability to work as part of a team and individually and the ability to prioritise and plan around customers' needs
We are looking for someone with:
- Caring nature
- An approachable attitude
- Commitment and passion to providing high quality care
- None required as full training will be provided but GCSE's at grade A-C 8/4 in English and maths or equivalent would be an advantage
- You will complete a Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship.
- This will include the completion of functional skills in maths and English.
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standards has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment.
The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.