Apprentice Care Assistant - Intermediate (Level 2)
Central & Cecil Housing Trust
WESTMINSTER KINGSWAY COLLEGE
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support residents with their physical care and personal hygiene needs, ensuring that their independence is preserved and developed as far as possible, in accordance with affording appropriate levels of privacy and dignity
- To contribute to effective communication with residents, their relatives, friends, professional helpers and other members of staff, ensuring the continuity of quality and safety in the provision of personal care services
- To encourage residents to maintain maximum independence, taking into account their physical and emotional condition and to stimulate their participation in the running of the service
- To carry out the role of key worker for several residents
- To handover and report any incidents which may have relevance to the residents’ individual plans
- To become familiar with any changes in the residents’ condition or situation within the Care Home at the beginning of each shift
- To escort and assist residents, as required, in and around the Care Home
- To escort residents to obtain services including recreational, educational and leisure facilities in the community where appropriate
- To assist with the provision of food and general housekeeping in accordance with the requirements of the service
- To help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities and to assist in the use of care aids and personal equipment
- To comply with all health and safety policies and procedures
- To participate in supervision, appraisals, staff meetings and training activities as required
- To travel to Central Office or other locations for the purpose of meetings or learning and development activities
- To be responsible for maintaining and improving own knowledge and skills through experience and training
- To undertake additional responsibilities as requested by management following the successful completion of specific training and personal skills development
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested
Work towards Care Worker level 2, work shadowing so that Care Assistants can work towards becoming Team leaders.
Vacancy will be based in the care home and will require manual work.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted initially by email then by phone for a telephone pre-interview.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good interpersonal and communication skills verbal and written
- Good basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Good time management skills
- Able to maintain accurate records
- Caring attitude/nature, gentle
- Naturally empathetic and patient
- Emotionally intelligent
- Physically strong
GCSE in maths and English at grades A - C/7 - 4 or the equivalent (Functional Skills).
- Adult Care, Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Care Certificate training, 20 Mandatory training modules on Skills gate
- Functional Skills
- Personal learning and thinking skills
- Employee rights and responsibilities
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.