Apprentice Care Assistant
ANCHOR CAREHOMES (FOUR) LIMITED
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
Anchor are the largest not for profit provider of Care for the over 55's in the UK. We are offering a fantastic opportunity to join our team as an Apprentice Care Assistant.
If you have a caring nature, a natural interest in people and want to make a difference then this could be just the perfect opportunity for you!
As an apprentice you will learn to;
- Enable customers to lead as active and independent lives as possible by providing holistic and personal care
- Promote choice to clients in their daily living by providing care, which meets care quality commissions (CQC) fundamental standards and support happy living for the years ahead
- Comply with CQC fundamental standards and Anchors policies and procedures at all times
- Prioritise tasks as appropriate
- Escalate concerns/issues as appropriate
- Record accurate and legible documentation
- Deliver a care plan
- Identify and report signs of poor practice or abuse
- Identify and ensure health and safety standards are met
Within the first 12 weeks of your induction period you will;
- Gain the ability to read, understand and contribute to care plans
- Learn about Health and safety in the workplace
- Complete all Statutory and Mandatory Training
- Care Certificate 15 standards
- You will gain a nationally recognised Level 2 Adult Care Worker qualification
- You will receive onsite training with an award winning training provider who will support and guide you throughout your Apprenticeship journey
- Gain life skills
- Gain confidence
Please be aware that the wage shown below reflects the weekly wage for the first 6 months and will increase to £150 after 6 months and 50% completion of your apprenticeship
This vacancy is for a permanent position within Beech Hall during which an apprenticeship programme will be delivered. We have big growth plans to ensure we can support the growing demand for care and aim to 'grow our own' talent. Successful completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a permanent position and the opportunity to progress within the company.
£4.33 starting wage raising to £5 per hour after 6 months and 50% completion. As part of your Apprenticeship, Anchor will support you in getting to work by offering a travel allowance of up to £500 per year. This will be claimed back each week/month using an expense claim which would be completed by you and the Home Manager.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
No experience required but you must have the desire to learn new skills, the ability to work as part of a team and individually and the ability to prioritise and plan around customers' needs.
We are looking for someone with a caring nature, an approachable attitude and commitment and passion to providing high quality care.
None required as full training will be provided but GCSE's or equivalent at grade 7-4/A-C in English and maths would be an advantage.
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standards has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.