Apprentice Care Assistant
ALCHEMY CARE (GREENSLEEVES) LLP
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To ensure each resident receives assistance with all elements of their personal care to include washing, dressing and assisting residents in all aspects of daily living as required
- To participate with the team for continual monitoring of each resident’s health needs. To include appropriate liaisons with senior and relevant staff
- To ensure residents choice and independence is respected and have knowledge of resident’s risk management plans
- To support residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence, and in the use and care of aids and personal equipment
- To help serve meals, prepare and clear dining room and assist residents with eating as required
- To make beds, tidy rooms, light cleaning and emptying of commodes
- To care sensitively to residents who are unwell or requiring palliative care
- To support residents going to hospital out-patient appointments as required
- To answer emergency bells and the door and greet visitors in a courteous manner. To participate in the key worker system as defined within the home
- Encourage residents to be involved in the house. Welcome and encourage their participation in activities so that they can participate and remain emotionally and intellectually stimulated
- Assist as required with social functions at the home
- Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotion support, sensitive to individual needs
- To assist as directed, in the preparation, implementation, review and update of all resident’s care plans in line with their personal wishes and preferences in accordance with the home policies
- To perform such other duties as may reasonably be required
- Week 1; Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday 12-hour shift (48 Hours)
- Week 2; Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 12-hour shift (36 Hours)
- There is a total of 1hour, and 15 minute of breaks and they will be paid.
- (If you are under 18 you cannot work more than 40 hours per week)
- Christmas Bonus
- Days out with the team
- Recognition & Incentive Schemes
The ability to have a full-time position which can lead into further opportunities in the company.
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to transport (due to travelling during the job)
- Your employment will be subject to a full DBS Background check
- You must have at least 2 references (character & professional/school)
- Good communication skills
You should be caring, empathetic, enthusiastic and wanting to better yourself.
Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
With support from Crawley College, the Apprentice will develop and maintain examples of their work to meet qualification criteria within an electronic portfolio.
Ongoing assessment by the employer and Crawley College consisting of meetings with your apprentice, monthly reviews, observations of workplace competency and the completion of knowledge questions will make up part of the on-programme training for this standard.
Attendance to maths and/or English sessions will be required if applicable. The option to attend behaviour workshops to cover key elements of the behaviours set out in the Standard is advisable.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free