An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified Honda technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
- You will be an Apprentice service and diagnostic motor technician in a busy workshop environment
- You will carry out tasks relevant to maintaining and repairing motor vehicles
- To assist qualified technicians with servicing and repairs
- To observe best work practices, develop and maintain skills levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of motor vehicles
- To maintain a clean and safe work environment
- To maintain personal standards of dress, cleanliness and hygiene, consistent with the standards laid down by the Company
- To be responsible for the safety of yourself and others, using protective equipment when required
- To develop and maintain a thorough and current product knowledge
- To ensure a consistently high level of quality and workmanship
- To advise the Workshop Controller or Service Advisor of any additional work necessary on a vehicle during servicing
- Assistance with any other tasks as required
Possible career progression opportunities include Master Technician, Service or Aftersales Department Management or even Dealership Management.
- Candidates must live within a realistic commutable distance of the vacancy (This will be dictated by the Employer)
- Ambition and a challenging spirit is the heart of Honda’s success so if you want to be a part of this, our Apprenticeship Programme is for you
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- All we ask is that you are committed to the Apprenticeship Programme for 3 years and have the passion and ambition to grow into a highly skilled Car Service Technician
- Work experience within the industry would be advantageous
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Team orientated
- Positive outlook
- Willing to learn and follow instructions
- Evident interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry
- Results orientated
- Committed to providing high quality work
GCSE Grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) are preferred but other candidates may apply.
Advanced Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (light vehicle) Standard.
- Training consists of 17 weeks block training over a 3 year period with the remainder of your time being spent at a Honda retailer where practical training and guidance will be provided
- You will be working towards an Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) along with Functional Skills in maths and English at Level 2
- Honda Challenge Personal Development Programme
- You will also work towards Honda internal qualifications
- As part of your training, you will attend our Honda Apprenticeship technical centre in Bracknell for block release training. (Accommodation & transport costs will be covered by your employer)