Apprentice CAD Operator
THE UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
This is an excellent opportunity to start your career as a CAD Engineer.
Duties will include:
- Work alongside our main programming team helping produce 2D drawings for customer orders using SolidWorks drawing package
- Further duties will entail Bystronic Bysoft 7 nesting software for the preparation of nested parts for the Laser cutting machines
- Other duties may include preparing quotes and orders using Ranfab software
- You will also be required to use various methods of communication, including the telephone and e-mail
- You will be required to attend and successfully complete initial 25 weeks training at the AMRC Training Centre
- Computer literacy is essential. Candidates must be competent in Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience of CAD packages is not essential as full training will be given
- Candidates should have good attention to detail; problem solving; excellent numerical skills; and a general interest in design and engineering
The role you will undertake is trainee CAD operator with the following duties:
- Prepare detailed engineering designs for laser cutting and fabrication services.
- Produce technical drawings using SolidWorks CAD Design software
- Work with clients and contractor partners
- Assist with the development of 2D models to contract design information and deadlines
- Utilisation of various methods of communication as and when required
The chosen candidate will study towards a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Technical Support.
- Demonstrate good team working abilities
- Have good organisation and timekeeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Willing to learn new skills and adapt to change
- Have an interest in engineering
- Must have attention to detail
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be a highly motivated individual
The chosen candidate must have 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English.
Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard.
The Year one maintenance programme delivered at the AMRC Training Centre over a 26-week full time block programme will include the following compulsory units:
- Handling over and confirming completion of maintenance activities
- Carrying out fault diagnosis on engineered systems
- carrying out preventative planned maintenance on engineered systems
- Maintaining mechanical equipment
- Maintaining electrical equipment
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.