What will the apprentice be doing?
Kickstart your career if you have a keen interest in Manufacturing, Engineering, or Electronics.
The successful candidate will enjoy a varied and wide range of assembly opportunities and the opportunity to grow within the company.
Training and duties include:
- Manufacturing cable assemblies and sub-assemblies
- Working with tools including crimping and soldering
- Working from parts lists and gathering parts
- Final test and dispatch of products.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard.
- Company Training Plan & Assessment
- Level 2 Diploma in manufacturing - Knowledge & Skills (workplace)
- Level 1 Functional Skills - Maths (If required)
- Level 1 Functional Skills - English (If required)
- End Point Assessment at the end of the apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Their experienced staff will support you and your career with continued training and development for the future, taking you on a journey that will lead to many opportunities and be a springboard for your career, enabling you to learn and earn.
Reality CheckYou will be expected from time to time to work overtime and the odd weekend. Nicab kindly ask that before applying for this position you consider the location and your ability to travel each day into Silverstone. Salary stated is a starting point and there will be a bonus related to performance.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience, Work with small components, Determination, Good eyesight is essential, Readiness to learn, (not essential), Soldering and Crimping
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Ideally Maths & English (Grade 4 (C and above)) Essential