As an apprentice, the successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a team and support senior members of the department.
The majority of the Apprentice Joiner / Cabinet Assembler’s day will be occupied by learning all aspects of joinery and cabinet assembly.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Being taught how to read technical drawings from our in-house design team
- Training in the use of woodworking machinery and power tools, including table saws, drills, routers and other specialist machinery
- Training in how to approach a diverse number of projects and jobs to a very high standard
- Training and development in all aspects of woodworking and furniture manufacture, including how to work out how to create joints, timber selection and working out cutting lists
- Training how to fit frames, doors, drawer fronts and drawer boxes on to carcases
- Safe use of hand tools and machinery within the workshop environment
- To continue in full time employment
- Keen & willing to learn
- Punctual & reliable
- Keen interest in the industry
- Driving licence preferable but not essential
- Must have good practical ability and a good knowledge of Health & Safety
- No formal qualifications required
- Furniture Manufacturer Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- NVQ and functional skills maths and English
- Work based learning.