Apprentice Business Support Officer
Suffolk County Council
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
As a Business Support Officer, you will play a key role in providing daily administrative support to the social care and Early Help teams supporting vulnerable children and their families within Lowestoft and Waveney.
Your main activities and responsibilities will include:
- Providing efficient administration, supporting teams, meetings and groups
- Providing an efficient and customer focused first point of contact
- Monitoring and maintaining shared email inboxes
- Handling queries and distributing to colleagues as appropriate
- Administering business processes and procedures
- Placing orders for supplies and services and maintain stock levels
- Handling petty cash and monitoring budgets
- Providing cover for team members
- Maintaining office records and filing systems, including electronic systems
Possible progression to further learning or possible full time job.
Please note there is no guarantee of a permanent position. We believe that the experience you will gain throughout your apprenticeship will significantly enhance your ability to find employment inside or outside our organisation.
Please read the Job and Person Profile and Apprenticeship Recruitment Brochure before applying for this job. The position described is the one you would aspire to, not the apprenticeship.
- Possess excellent organisational and communication skills
- Possess good knowledge and the ability to use every day IT systems (i.e. Microsoft)
- Work to set policies and procedures within deadlines
- Be a strong team player
- Have the determination to succeed in your qualification and in the workplace
- Have the desire to gain valuable work-based skills and experience
No previous qualifications required.
- Business Administration Apprenticeship L3
- Functional Skills in Mathematics
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.