Serco has a strong commitment to apprentices and training and as a successful Serco apprentice, you will be provided with unparalleled support throughout the duration of your programme.
You will develop the skills you need for the job by working alongside your colleagues and getting practical experience.
You will be helped to build relationships with peers, allowing you to achieve your professional development objectives.
Full training and support will be given for this role.
- Learn and maintain daily the Legal Tracker. Training for this will be given in the first instance
- Learn and maintain daily the Contract Database system. Training for this will be given
- Provide day to day administration support
- Help develop, set up and maintain filing systems online and ensure documents are stored effectively
- Respond to emails and requests for information.
- Produce routine documents using Microsoft Office and Excel
- Use SAP and other in-house systems including MySerco, MyHR, Sharepoint, Teams
Organise meetings and events including:
- Booking meeting rooms
- Booking conferences
- Arranging IT / other equipment
- Managing participant invitations and confirmations
- Arrange contract visits including arranging meetings and security requirements
- Develop minute taking skills and record actions during meetings
- Book travel and accommodation as required
- Support other projects and administrative tasks as required
- Provide support for other colleagues within Legal & Contracts and the Commercial team in specific projects or in arranging events
Serco is a multi-national company that is able to offer a wide range of career and further job opportunities both within the UK and worldwide. Our people management programme encourages internal advancement and active support is given to all employees’ Continuous Professional Development.
It is essential that you are able to travel daily to Hook to arrive on time for work. [Subject to Covid-19 social distancing arrangements)
You will be required to undergo security checks, which includes a check of criminal records.
The postholder will:
- Proactive and common sense
- Have excellent communication, accurate recording and computer skills
- Be a well organised, committed team player
- Have computing experience (comfortable with MS products)
- Have the ability to work to deadlines. To ensure tasks are completed in a timely fashion and in line with Serco’s key performance indicators
- Have excellent planning and organisation skills
- Be articulate, confident and welcoming
We are looking for somebody who is:
- Determined and hardworking
- Happy to constantly learn and develop new skills
- Interest in successfully completing the Business Administrator Apprenticeship
- Someone happy to roll their sleeves up to get the job done and who will be committed to Serco’s Values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride
GCSEs Grades A* to C 9/4 in maths and English (or acceptable equivalent)
You will also need to complete an on-line initial assessment, which will help us guide you to the most appropriate programme to meet your needs
- Level 3 Business Administrator Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths, as required
- No College attendance required