At Howdens you will be working towards a Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
At Howdens our products are available from local stock at depots nationwide, so we can offer timely collection and deliveries to get projects started sooner. This also allows us to make changes quickly, should they arise, so work can continue without delay.
Are you friendly and engaging with excellent attention to detail? As an Apprentice Business Developer you will learn how to build relationships with new and existing customers, using telephone sales techniques to generate business and gain new leads. You will also provide administration support to the Depot.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities include:
• To obtain key information to generate effective customer leads
• Contacting customers on a daily basis, in a friendly and engaging manner over the phone and face to face
• To monitor new accounts with a welcome call/letters and sending of marketing materials
• To deal with enquiries from customers in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable way. Effectively communicating the full range of products and services offered by the company
• Increase the customer account base via the telephone and IT systems available to distribute promotional literature for marketing opportunities
• Maintain accurate records of the customers contacted, so that progress can be measured and relationships developed
• To complete administrative duties such as invoicing customers, stock reconciliation, filing and data entry
• To participate in effective account management and accurate reporting
Ongoing training and Learning.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
• Highly organised and meticulous at record keeping
• Committed with an enthusiastic approach
• Must be self-motivated with a positive attitude
• Excellent customer service skills
• Uses own initiative and reliable
• Able to prioritise own workload
We are looking for smart, friendly people with excellent attention to detail and a desire to learn. You will be confident, tenacious, and hungry to succeed, with a flexible approach to working and learning in a fast paced environment.
No qualifications required.
Alongside this job role, you also will be studying towards your:
Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
Functional Skills in English and Maths