As one of our Defence Service Desk team, you’ll be the first person our customers talk to. Things might not be going too well for them, and it’s down to you to make sure they have a positive experience, and hopefully solve problems for them first time around.
- Business Customer Support Specialists support our Defence customers. You’ll own the relationship with them from beginning to end, really being an advocate for BT
- You will be an advocate for customer service and act as a referral point for dealing with more complex or technical customer requests, complaints, and queries
- You’ll learn about all of our different products and services, and how they can help our customers, and channel this into the service you give them
- You’ll need to be forward thinking and proactive, making sure you’re anticipating their every need
It’s key in this role that you are able to communicate effectively and work collaboratively. Not every conversation you have with our customers will be easy. Even when things aren’t going right, you’ll need to make sure you create a strong working relationship with your customer. We’ll teach you how to listen, how to keep calm under pressure and how to relate to your customers, so you can really work out what is best for them. You’ll make sure that in the end, they have a great experience with us.
Ability to assimilate into a permanent role with the BT Group on completion of the apprenticeship.
Are you willing to learn new skills quickly and have an impact on real life solutions?
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Bold decision maker
- Customer champion
- Inspiring communicator
- Change agent
- Solution focused
- Collaborative partner
- Commercial thinker
- You’ll need to achieve a minimum of four GCSEs at grades 4-9 (C or above) including English and Maths
- Equivalent qualifications are accepted
- Please note all of our apprenticeships are subject to eligibility criteria
As a Business Customer Support Specialist, you’ll study for a Level 3 apprenticeship, called Customer Service Specialist.
Your apprenticeship scheme will last 18 months and 20% of your working hours will be dedicated to studying.