- Organise meetings/workshops/events as required by the team including scheduling, booking meeting rooms, catering, AV and providing any admin support required such as meeting minutes
- Manage, monitor and champion the use of our SharePoint filing system
- Book travel/accommodation for the project and programme team as requested using the National Trust booking system
- Monitor the central Riverlands email accounts and flag issues and queries as required
- Take ownership of our interactive engagement equipment – the sandbox, including managing bookings via the sandbox calendar and arranging transport between locations (training on this will be provided)
- Using ACORN (NT intranet) ensure the team is aware of any actions or important news issued by the National Trust internal comms team
- Any other ad hoc administration assistance that comes up related to the Riverlands programme
The National Trust is Europe’s largest conservation charity. We want you to learn, discover and develop your career. And we’ll do everything we can to offer you the training, support and development that you need to achieve your goals. This is an extraordinary role for your CV, particularly for anyone wanting to pursue a career in the charity sector and/or nature conservation.
There are many business support roles across the organisation providing potential opportunities for new challenges and growth to support an ongoing career with the National Trust.
There will be the need to travel to other locations occasionally, but this role will be mainly office based in Heelis, Swindon. During the Coronavirus pandemic, some working from home will be required.
- Commitment to completing the apprenticeship and incorporated qualifications
- Good people skills enabling strong relationships externally and internally, to be built and maintained
- Commitment to customer service standards
- Able to follow clear instructions given
- May have some knowledge of relevant Health and Safety procedures
- Strong organisational skills e.g. diary and task management
- Excellent IT skills including MS Excel (essential), Word (essential), PowerPoint (essential) and MS Outlook (essential), MS SharePoint (desirable)
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
Our people are our greatest asset, so we’re keen to employ candidates that share our values and behaviours;
- Love people and places
- Welcome everyone
- Think now and for ever and make it happen
These were developed with our staff and volunteers and are at the heart of everything we do.
We’re looking for people with;
- The ability to act as a frontline representative of the National Trust, proactively displaying our values and behaviours and responding to customer queries in a positive manner
- An empathy and understanding for the National Trust and its mission
- An enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Able to work flexibly as part of a team, as well as under their own initiative
- You must be able to undertake the studying and coursework required to complete the course and end point assessment
- Able to use tools, equipment as required for the role
- Good attention to detail
To apply for this role, you will need 5 GCSEs at levels 4-9 (grade C and above), including maths and English (or equivalent).
Full, clean driving licence is desired as you may have to visit various sites.
- Functional Skills Level 2 - English and maths
- Business Administrator Apprenticeship Level 3
- Ongoing Training and Development