Apprentice Business Administrator/ Executive Assistant with EY
Employer:Ernst & Young Llp
BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION LIMITED
- Develop and maintain internal and external networks, building knowledge of key business matters in order to effectively identify and communicate priorities.
- Build relationships with clients PA’s identifying opportunities to enhance EY’s reputation.
- Gain knowledge and competency in use of EY’s relationship management database.
- Develop and use apprentice network to team and support colleagues throughout period of apprenticeship.
Diary and meeting management
- Understand the processes of diary management, building knowledge to enable effective working within own calendar and to plan appointments/meetings for others.
- Gain knowledge and practices to show competency in identifying and resolving conflicts and to use initiative and judgment on priorities.
- Acquire skill to monitor meeting attendance, taking ownership to ensure enquiries and issues are appropriately delegated and resolved effectively.
- Understand all processes to enable completion of logistical arrangements for meetings/events and ensure documentation is prepared in advance of meetings.
- Understand/ acquire knowledge and skill to research, plan and reserve UK and Global travel for self and others.
- Acquire understanding and competency of working in differing time zones.
- Understand and effectively work with EY travel and expenses policy.
- Become competent in EY’s travel booking tool.
- Acquire skill in itinerary planning and production, researching to incorporate consideration of reasonable alternative cost effective travel.
- Understand and maximise cost reduction opportunities, utilise preferred travel provider.
- Gain competency in monitoring emails, post and calls taking appropriate action.
- Understand mechanics of escalation and delegation to effectively resolve issues.
- Understand and apply knowledge gained to enable proofreading and sense check of communications and documentation, complying with brand and risk procedures.
- Gain experience in coordinating events ensuring compliance with policies and liaising with departments of Procurement, Risk Management and Health and Safety and all other relevant teams.
- Assist in/facilitate logistical arrangements and attend events as required, proactively ensuring relevant documentation is available.
- Understand and acquire skill to enable to plan, budget, and negotiate costs.
Time and expense management
- Understand and gain level of competency in EY’s time and expense database.
- Gain knowledge and understand policy around preparation and submission of timesheets.
- Comprehend policy and processes in relation to collation and submission of expenses and invoices ensuring compliance and adherence to approval process.
- Understand processes to effectively reconcile credit card/bank statements with receipts as appropriate.
- Understand and gain competency in the importation of Amex charges into expense reports.
General administrative and project support
- Gain competency in all EY databases
- Understand and adhere to EY policies and best practices.
- Gain knowledge to maintain client contact and relationship databases.
- Understand procedures and working methods of project support.
- To work as part of a team providing support
- Recognise best practice to meet and greet visitors to EY offices.
- Apply sufficient time and commitment to undertaking study and learning demands of Business Administration Accreditation.
It is hoped that following successful completion of the Apprenticeship programme that there may be opportunities to commence with EY at Admin Entry Level.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
Basic knowledge of Microsoft packages: Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Attention to detail
- Great communication
Minimum of 5 GCSEs including maths and English at grade 4 (C) and above (or equivalent).
IT knowledge desirable.
Business Administrator level 3 standard
As a Business Administration Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Business Administrator Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures and workplace support.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
About the employer
Wherever you are on your career journey, EY will help you keep learning, evolving and building the future that’s right for you.
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.