A normal day would include:
- To support the Business Administrator in the daily tasks required to run a busy office
- Answering telephone calls, directing the calls to the relevant team member and taking accurate telephone messages as required
- Daily use of Microsoft packages, Word/Excel/Outlook
- Printing / Photocopying / Scanning of documents as required
- Assisting with the checking of service user finances and expenditures, keeping an accurate record of balances and raising any discrepancies with the relevant Team Leaders
- Archiving of service user and staff documentation
- Stock checks and control of stationary and office supplies, first aid supplies and PPE stock
- Fire safety checks - alarms to be tested on a weekly basis and checks to be logged in the Health and safety file. Fire drills and evacuation checks to be carried out 3 monthly and recorded
How you will be supported - You will work side by side with the business administrator who will teach you and guide you through new tasks and activities. You will also work closely with the business managers within the office who will help build your knowledge and become confident in your new role.
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role. You will be supported with this by your manager here at SSS and we will also help access additional courses and training should this be required.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
COVID regulations apply.
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next level apprenticeship.
- Good customer service skills
- Willingness to learn
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Willingness to learn
- A positive attitude towards work, shows own initiative
GCSE maths and English A - C / 9 - 4 (or the equivalent).
Full apprenticeship training provided, working towards an Advanced Level Apprenticeship, gaining a Level 3 qualification in Business Administration.