Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To provide efficient and effective administrative support for the West Met Skills Team
- To respond to customer and staff enquiries promptly and effectively
- To assist with the induction of new learners, including assessments
- To work with all members of the West Met Skills team effectively to ensure an efficient service
- To monitor progress and timing of courses, record keeping of all course data and collate documentation for monthly reporting and budget processes
- To word process correspondence and confidential material including letters, reports and other items as required
- To arrange meetings, produce agendas, reserve rooms and order refreshments for such meetings
- To undertake general office duties such as photocopying, filing, file preparation and maintenance
- To deal with the collection and distribution of all outgoing mail
- To receive incoming telephone calls and ensure all calls are handled efficiently and effectively
- To update the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database with employer information
- To provide secretarial/administrative cover across the College at certain times including reception duties, particularly during staff holidays and other periods of absence
- To participate in the appraisal and mentoring processes
- To participate in enrolment duties when necessary
- To take an active part in the appraisal and mentoring process and to engage in relevant Staff Training and Development as identified
- To comply with all relevant Health & Safety Regulations and assist the College in the implementation of its own Health & Safety Policy
- To comply with and actively promote the College’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Safeguarding Policy
- To participate in and contribute to the College’s in-service and training activities
- To carry out all other duties as may be reasonably required
This role will equip the postholder with a wide range of transferable administrative skills, for working in any sector.
Apprentices must be willing to travel and work at the Uxbridge Campus if required.
Annual salary in the range of £7,862 - £14,658 per annum depending on experience and if has previously completed a Level 2 Apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Willingness and ability to achieve Business Administration Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Previous administrative experience
- Ability to maintain accurate records, both manual and on a database
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels in an organisation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative
- Willingness to work flexibly when required
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least 1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.