As an Apprentice Business Administrator what will I be doing?
You’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable experience working on site on a live construction project opening your eyes to the various roles available in operational business administration.
- General office administrative duties including answering the phone, taking messages and customer/client liaison
- Maintaining and updating information databases
- Assist in the creation of key reports and documents
- Document control and data management
- Communicating by email and phone with internal and external customers, typing letters using standard word processing software
- Monitoring of stock (PPE, Tools & Stationery)
- Raising purchase orders
- Filing vehicle check forms
- Greeting clients
An apprenticeship in business administration opens up a number of future career prospects in the construction industry, with progression opportunities in areas of commercial or operational administration and business support roles.
There may be an opportunity to secure a permanent role with the business at the end of your qualification.
Due to the location, please ensure you are able to travel to th site each day before applying.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Customer orientated
- Computer Literate
- Due to location a driving licence is preferred but not essential
- Willingness to learn
- Polite, calm and approachable personality
- Must be a team player
- Must have flexible ‘can do’ approach
GCSE Maths and English at grade C (4) or above essential. AS or A Level qualifications preferred.
Business Administrator Level 3 Standard.
This apprenticeship is delivered through work based learning, this means that all training is done at the workplace eliminating the need to attend college. The successful candidate will be allocated an assessor who will visit on site every 4-6 weeks and deliver all of the training to gain the qualification and provide the resources to complete work between visits.