Apprentice Business Administrator
Lancasterian Primary School
WESTMINSTER KINGSWAY COLLEGE
- To work under the direction/instruction of senior staff to provide routine general clerical, administrative, and financial support to the school.
- Undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone and face-to-face enquiries and signing-in visitors
- Assist with pupil first aid/welfare duties, leasing with parents/staff, etc.
- Assisting with arrangements for visits by school nurse, photographer, etc.
- Provide routine clerical support, e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, e-mailing, complete routine forms
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems
- Undertake typing, word-processing and other IT-based tasks
- Sort and distribute mail
- Undertake routine administration, e.g. registers/school meals
- Operate office equipment, e.g. photocopier, computer
- Arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies
- Undertake routine financial administration, e.g. record dinner money
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
£13,496 rising to £17,921 subject to a successful probationary period
Possibility of a permanent position on successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a pre-interview at the college.
- General clerical/administrative
Knowledge and Skills
- Good understanding and ability to use relevant technology, e.g. photocopier
- Keyboard/computer skills
- Willingness to participate in development and training opportunities
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- Commitment to the implementation of the school's equal opportunities policy
Continuing Professional Development
- Willingness to undertake additional training/staff development as appropriate
- Ability to reflect on your own professional practice
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Team player
You will have GCSEs in English and math (grade C / 9-4 or above or equivalent)
- Business Administration, Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) standard
- Functional Skills
- Personal learning and thinking skills
- Employment rights and responsibilities
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.