Apprentice Business Administrator
Longford Street Group Practice
We are currently looking for an Apprentice Administrator to join our busy practice team. The role is very public facing and you will be required to have contact with patients on a daily basis. The practice works at a very fast pace but the role is very rewarding. We offer in house training on essential skills such as customer service, Fire Safety, Health and Safety, Data protection and basic life support.
We provide blouses/shirts for you to wear as a uniform and ask that you provide your own black trousers/skirts. Holiday entitlement is 4 weeks plus statutory Bank Holidays.
We are in an ideal position for travel from Rochdale, Bury, Middleton and beyond as we are in the center of Heywood next to the main bus terminus.
Role and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be required to perform general practice duties that include:
- Issuing prescriptions
- Processing test results and hospital letters
- Booking/changing/cancelling appointments for patients
- Writing letters to patients
- Use of the GP clinical computer system
- Answering the telephone and dealing with other Healthcare providers such as hospitals and District Nurses
You will work under direct supervision of the Reception Manager but will also be responsible to the Practice Manager and the GPs. You will be required to work as part of a team and at times, have deadlines to meet and targets to achieve.
Following a successful apprenticeship, we hope to offer a permanent contract with the practice.
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good verbal communication, listening skills and confidence in using the telephone
- Able to follow instructions and to organise yourself to complete tasks fully and on time
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a real empathy for people and a desire to help them
- Be able to conduct yourself well in different and often difficult situations, although customer service training will be given
- Good at prioritising tasks
- A team player
- Good grades in GCSE’s along with a familiarity with IT
- Common sense and dedication are the most important qualifications requested and a willingness to learn
- Business Administration Level 2
- This is a work-based qualification although some college attendance may be required for Functional Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.