What will the apprentice be doing?
Based in the ExCel at Royal Victoria Dock your duties will include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Stock prices to be updated on POS
- To ensure stock is recorded accurately when transferred between areas
- Promptly respond to all customer (i.e. suppliers, managers, clients and colleagues) queries in a timely and proactive manner
- Establish strong working relationships with ExCel team and event organisers
- Ensuring that accurate records are made and details filed in accordance with company and unit procedure
- Maintain ‘Retail’ file on shared drive with relevant retail documents for all team to reference
- Maintain an efficient filing and follow up system
Be aware of and adhere to legal and company regulations and auditing, relating to the following areas:
- Health & Safety at Work
- Food Hygiene
- Fire Regulations
- Licensing Law
- Sales of Goods / Trading Standards
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Alongside your day-to-day duties, you will complete the Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship. This is a nationally recognised qualification and the primary objective is for you to learn and understand how to carry out administrative tasks to support the various needs of the business.
- You will be supported through this qualification by your Personal Development Coach who will visit you at your place work every 6-10 weeks
- You are not expected to complete any of your Apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete your work
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will be encouraged to progress your career development through the apprenticeship program, moving on to Level 4, providing the role you are working in reflects the apprenticeship you wish to take
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 4 / C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C) Desired