Apprentice Business Admin Assistant - Hillcroft House
Berkshire Healthcare NHS FoundationTrust
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
To provide efficient and effective clerical/administrative support to the Mental Health Teams in accordance with Trust policies and procedures.
The apprentice will work within the departments to develop skills, knowledge and experience in all aspects of administration. Learning will be via self-directed on-line learning; work based learning and support sessions with a Skills Coach/Trainer.
Learning will take occur within your working environment. You will be required to attend regular meetings with your supervisor and Skills Coach/Trainer.
The job description is not exhaustive and is intended as a summary of the duties and responsibilities.
- To provide an efficient and effective administrative support to the Mental Health Service using Microsoft Office systems
- To answer/deal with queries, both face to face and via the telephone, take messages and pass them on to the relevant member of staff in an appropriate and timely manner
- To support the team with all aspects of administration including inputting onto Trust databases such as ESR (Electronic Staff Record) and RiO (Patient Database)
- To maintain and update identified spreadsheets via data input and data extraction
- To undertake photocopying, filing and typing duties as directed
- To support the team to maintain accurate, timely and legible records
- To maintain filing systems in line with organisations policies and procedures
- To assist with the ordering and maintenance of stock supplies
- Collating information for reports
- Ad-hoc Reception cover
- To be a flexible and supportive member of the team
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Attend and take part in team meetings & regular reviews with line manager etc.
- Greet all visitors in a warm and welcoming manner, informing staff of their visitor’s arrival, and/or accompanying the visitor to their intended destination
- Ensure photocopiers are topped up with paper on a daily basis. To check toner cartridges and replace as required
- Escalate any issues and risks arising to the Administrator
- To prepare for and attend assessment meetings and participate in relevant training programmes as required by the Trust
- To adhere to the local and national Health and Safety regulations and the organisations Policies and Procedures
When you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may be given the opportunity to continue in your role or progress onto an alternative support role within the company where you will receive full training and support.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
You need to have a keen interest in BA and be dedicated to working towards your Apprenticeship.
- We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual keen to learn and progress, looking to launch their career within childcare
- A track record of high levels of attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work with limited supervision but seek advice when appropriate
Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2:
- Functional Skills in maths
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in ICT
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.