Apprentice Bus Driver
INTERSERVE LEARNING & EMPLOYMENT (SERVICES) LIMITED
We’re looking for enthusiastic, helpful, and customer-focused people to join leading bus company Stagecoach and benefit from a rewarding career with a bus driver apprenticeship. You could join the Stagecoach family in Yorkshire and become part of an awesome team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Interacting with customers and making sure they enjoy a safe, pleasant, and comfortable journey
- Ensuring the vehicle is driven safely at all times to the high company standards
- Issuing tickets and collecting fares
- Full, paid training will be provided, including training to obtain a PCV licence, Passenger Transport Operations Services - Bus Driver Level 2 Standard
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Ticket machine and ticket type training
- Introduction to company/depot systems, procedures, and policies
- Periodic work-related training throughout your career
The role is intended as the successful applicant’s first step into a career with Stagecoach, with progression very much available.
- Previous customer service experience would be a distinct advantage
- A basic knowledge of Health and Safety regulations would also be an advantage
- The abilty to converse with people from different backgrounds
- Friendly and courteous manner
- Calm under pressure
- You must have a full UK driving licence due to the nature of this role, and a positive attitude
- In addition to the above, candidates must have achieved GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-D/9-3 in English and Maths
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer, Stagecoach. Stagecoach will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day. If successful, you will complete a Passenger Transport Driver apprenticeship programme delivered through Stagecoach’s dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment.
Qualifications will include:
- Level 2 qualification in Passenger Transport Operations Services
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.