What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will be based within any one of our area offices initially working as part of either a Portsmouth CC or Gosport BC repairs and maintenance team.
- You will be supporting us to maintain and improve our properties, ensure the right repair at the right time and help us provide suitable homes when needed.
- When you commence your RICS assessment of professional competence (APC) you will join our Building Projects team and manage a varied range of your own projects.
- The type of projects the team carry out may include decorations to external and communal areas, fire upgrading work, window replacement, re-roofing, electrical work, extensions and structural repairs.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Chartered Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship BSc (Hons) Building Surveying degree
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potentail Full-time role within Portsmouth City Council
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Team working
Qualifications RequiredOther A levels or BTEC Qualifications (Grade minimum 112 UCAS points) Essential