What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will work both on site and in the office depending on the stage of a construction project working with a Building Services team
- Helping manage a range of Electrical Systems packages such as Fire Alarms, Power, Building controls and automation, IT systems, and Generators
- Helping manage a range of Mechanical Systems for example, Ventilation, Airconditioning, Heating and Cooling systems, Domestic water services, Drainage and Sprinklers
- Over the course of the programme, you will be given more and more responsibilities eventually having responsibility for individuals sections or packages
- Working alongside a Technical Services Manager to develop the knowledge and experience of the processes associated with the preconstruction (Design / Planning / Procurement), construction and commissioning to final handover to the customer / client
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- BEng (Hons) Building Services Engineering (TAC Design Apprenticeship)
- London South Bank University
- 1 day per week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Our five-year apprenticeship programme provides exposure to all aspects of the business and gives you the opportunity to join one of our core disciplines: Construction Management, Quantity Surveying Building / Technical Services Management or Planning. In all these areas, you can look forward to a balance of direct experiences and academic learning.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredA Level or equivalent Any Subject (Grade BCC to BBB) Essential