What will the apprentice be doing?
· Facilitate inward and outbound stock movements for the branch following company procedures, using IT systems where appropriate.
· Pick and pack goods in an efficient, timely and safe manner.
· Maintain warehouse housekeeping, ensure that stored goods are in the correct place, use of approprate mechanical handling equipment in accordance with company procedures.
· Ensure all Health & Safety policies and procedures are complied with.
· Supporting branch in meeting Customer Service levels.
· Supporting local same/next day deliveries
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Supply Chain Operative qualification
- Functional Skills qulaification in Math/English/IT (addidtional support available if required)
- Full training provided at employer site
- Regular assessor visits, training, observations and reviews
- Industry and product knowledge training provided by Rexel
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible opportunity to progress into permanent employment for the right candidate
Reality CheckFull UK drivers licence is essential for this role to support customer deliveries
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 2-9) Desired