What will the apprentice be doing?
- Serving customers on the Trade Counter
- Calling customers/liaising with suppliers
- Processing of customer purchases/quotations
- Providing excellent customer service, both over the phone and within branch
- Successfully forming relationships with colleagues both within branch and warehouse
- Sales administration
- Customer query resolution
- A passion to learn new products and the want to keep up to date with new products entering the market
- You may be required to work in the warehouse, as such you may have to be involved at times in some heavy lifting, picking, packing, goods in and out and packing customer orders and loading van. Receiving in goods from suppliers and involved with stock movements (locations within the warehouse)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Trade Supplier standard qualification
- Functional Skills qulaification in Math/English/IT (addidtional support available if required)
- Full training provided at employer site
- Regular assessor visits, training, observations and reviews
- Industry and product knowledge training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible opportunity to progress into permanent employment for the right candidate
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 2-9) Desired