- Booking and scheduling
- Allocate trainer to jobs
- Scheduling courses
- Customer service (telephone calls, dealing with customer enquiries, emails)
- Use of bespoke software
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving
Possible opportunity to progress onto full time employment.
Please do not contact this employer. You must be eligible for the qualification first with the training provider Gordon Franks Training, who will conduct the first interview (apply online or see the ‘contact details’ section). Once successful, your details will then be forwarded to the employer for you to be considered for this vacancy.
Please research the employer and Gordon Franks Training.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Polite telephone manner
- Good attention to detail
- Desire to work
- Desire to learn
Must have maths and English GCSE grade 9 to 4 (A* to C) or Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalents.
- Business Administration Level 3 standard qualification
- Functional Skills qualifications in English, maths and ICT (additional support available if required)
- Full training provided at the employer site
- Choice of online or paper-based portfolio
- Regular Assessor visits, observations and reviews
- Witness testimonies from the employer