Main duties to include:
- We are currently recruiting for a Motorcycle Apprentice. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with one of the world's most prestigious and technologically advanced car and motorcycle manufacturers
- You will be working in a busy BMW Motorrad workshop environment, where you will be responsible for maintaining and repairing motorcycles to the high standards of the BMW brand
- All BMW Motorcycle Technician Apprentices attend the BMW Group Academy UK in Berkshire for their off-the-job training. This ensures consistent training throughout the country and allows our apprentices to train on up-to-the-minute products and technology
- The training takes place over a 3-year period in the form of classroom and workshop sessions
- The course is unique to BMW with special emphasis on electronics and cutting edge technology; your training will include the opportunity to work with the latest motorcycles, engines and BMW diagnostic equipment, ultimately leading to the ability to undertake maintenance, service and repair activities on motorcycles to the highest standards once fully qualified
- During the time spent at your BMW Centre, a mentor will be allocated to oversee the work-based learning programme
- A BMW representative will also visit on a 12 weekly basis to set performance targets and ensure any development needs are being met
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will become a qualified Motorcycle Technician.
Successful applicants must be prepared to travel to the BMW Group Academy, Wokefield Park in Berkshire to complete their apprenticeship training.
Training is completed in one-week blocks approximately once every two-three months.
All training costs are covered by the BMW Retailer (travel, accommodation and food).
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship.
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
As of first 1st April 2020, the ANMW is £4.15
- To have good manual dexterity
- Good communicator
Successful applicants must demonstrate the following:
- A keen interest and enthusiasm for motorcycles and the industry as a whole
- To be honest and trustworthy with a willingness to learn
- A positive attitude and work ethic, with high level of professionalism
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy workshop environment, as well as having the capability to follow instructions and work individually
Applicants are required to have, or predicted to obtain, GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in the following subjects:
- ICT (or one other subject if candidate did not take ICT)
Motorcycle Technician Repair and Maintenance (Standard Level 3)
- IMIAL ATA Motorcycle Service Maintenance Technician Accreditation