Apprentice BMW Motor Vehicle Technician - Sytner Birmingham
BMW Group Academy
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
You will be working in a busy BMW/MINI workshop environment, where you will be responsible for maintaining and repairing motor vehicles to the high standards of the BMW/MINI brand.
All BMW Motor Vehicle Technician Apprentices attend the BMW Group Academy UK in Berkshire for their off-the-job training. This ensures consistent training throughout the UK and allows our apprentices to train on up-to-the-minute products and technology. The training takes place over a 3 year period and takes the form of classroom and workshop sessions.
The course is unique to BMW with a special emphasis on electronics and cutting edge technology; your training will include the opportunity to work on the latest:
- Engines and BMW diagnostic equipment
Ultimately leading to the ability to undertake:
- Repair activities on vehicles to the highest standards once fully qualified
During the time spent at your Retailer, a mentor will be allocated to oversee the work-based learning programme. A BMW representative will also visit on a 12 weekly basis to set performance targets and ensure any development needs are being met.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will continue your development on the BMW Technical Programme.
- Successful applicants must be prepared to travel to the BMW Group Academy in Berkshire to complete their apprenticeship training
- Training is completed in two-week blocks approximately once every two-three months
- All training costs are covered by the BMW Retailer (travel, accommodation and food)
- To have good dexterity.
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy workshop environment, as well as having the capability to follow instructions and work individually
- A keen interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry as a whole
- To be honest and trustworthy with a willingness to learn
- A positive attitude and work ethic, with high level of professionalism
Applicants are required to have, or predicted to obtain, GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in the following subjects:
- ICT (or one other subject if candidate did not take ICT)
- IMI Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
- IMI Level 3 Award in Automotive Refrigeration Handling
- IMI Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle
- IMI Accreditation Service Maintenance Technician
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.