Apprentice BMW Motor Vehicle Technician - Rybrook MINI Worcester
BMW Group Academy
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
You will be working in a busy BMW/MINI workshop environment, where you will be responsible for maintaining and repairing motor vehicles to the high standards of the BMW/MINI brand.
The course is unique to BMW with a special emphasis on electronics and cutting edge technology; your training will include the opportunity to work on the latest:
- Engines and BMW diagnostic equipment
Ultimately leading to the ability to undertake:
- Repair activities on vehicles to the highest standards once fully qualified
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will continue your development on the BMW Technical Programme.
Successful applicants must be prepared to travel to the BMW Group Academy in Berkshire to complete their apprenticeship training.
Training is completed in one week blocks approximately once every two-three months.
All training costs are covered by the BMW Retailer (travel, accommodation and food).
To have good manual dexterity.
- A keen interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry as a whole
- To be honest and trustworthy with a willingness to learn
- A positive attitude and work ethic, with high level of professionalism
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy workshop environment, as well as having the capability to follow instructions and work individually
Applicants are required to have, or predicted to obtain, GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in the following subjects:
- ICT (or one other subject if candidate did not take ICT)
- IMI Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
- IMI Level 3 Award in Automotive Refrigeration Handling
- IMI Level 2 Award in Electric / Hybrid Vehicle
- IMI Accreditation Service Maintenance Technician
All BMW Motor Vehicle Technician Apprentices attend the BMW Group Academy UK in Berkshire for their off-the-job training. This ensures consistent training throughout the UK and allows our apprentices to train on up-to-the-minute products and technology. The training takes place over a 3 year period and takes the form of classroom and workshop sessions.
During the time spent at your Retailer, a mentor will be allocated to oversee the work-based learning programme. A BMW representative will also visit on a 12 weekly basis to set performance targets and ensure any development needs are being met.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.