What will the apprentice be doing?
- Communications with stakeholders in the business
- Support new business through the full end to end proposal process - co-ordinating activities around pursuit of an opportunity, co-ordination of responses to selection questionnaires (SQ) and final tender proposal documentation submission.
- Organising meetings, researching, structuring and writing proposal content, co-ordinating activities and document management.
- General business administration
- Compose, update and publish documents
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining Level 3 Apprenticeship in Bid & Proposals Coordination. On successful completion of the apprenticeship, individuals will be eligible for membership of the Association of Bid and Proposal Management Professionals (APMP).
We will support you through your formal apprentice qualification in addition you will follow the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme. There are a mix of development events and activities.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed.
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty, including the option to move onto the next level of your apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Engaged attitude
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 x GCSEs inc. Maths and English (Grade 4/ C or above) Essential