What will the apprentice be doing?
1. Assisting the manufacturing process including:
• Operating a panel saw
• Operating an edge-bander
• Cutting aluminium profiles accurately
• Handheld drill operation
• Cutting glass
2. Bench work with the production team – assisting and learning to manufacture sliding wardrobe doors.
3. Finalising and packaging products for shipment / delivery.
4. Receiving supplies including MFC board / glass & aluminium – this includes some lifting and moving.
5. Keeping the production areas clean and tidy.
6. Following all Health & Safety standards.
7. Following production guidelines including completing production paperwork.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Intermediate Level 2 Apprentice Furniture Manufacturing, including NVQ and functional skills maths and English. Work based learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
• A great opportunity to develop your career with an employer who supports continuing professional development.
Reality Check35 hours p/w, Monday to Friday 8:30 - 16:00, 1 hour lunch
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredOther Basic Maths (Grade n/a) Desired
Other Standard English (Grade n/a) Desired